Sunday, July 29, 2012

I introduce you to..

This beautiful young girl is Monica Nassande a 7 year old Ugandian girl. I was very lucky to meet her in my last weeks there. Besides being absolutely mesmerized by her beauty she taught me alot. She is a lively little girl who gets along with everyone and is brave and fearless. She managed to conquer even the coldest of hearts. Is not conditioned yet by what is right or wrong, so what she does is in complete innocence and from her heart. She is enthusiastic, fun and a sensitive girl.
I first met her when I went deep in the bushes to pick up another neglected little girl. Both living in mud huts, these children where far off from others and all what they knew was their area and their mixed family. Coming back to the orphanage, a few days later, her cousin who is now at the orphanage, but lives in the same hut told us that when we left she was crying to come with us. At 7 years she was ready to leave home because she knew she had a chance for a better future. So we called them (her and her brother) to come and they came the next day bright and early at 7am! immediately she got attached to me and made friends with the others... adaptation to the rules and routine of the orphanage took a bit longer - but thats what makes her special!


No comments:

Post a Comment